QuickBooks Payroll provides you with the option of direct deposit of payrolls, which saves your time and makes the whole process a lot easier for you. You may need to change direct deposit bank account in QuickBooks if you have changed the account from which you pay your employees. Through this article. We will take you through the detailed steps to change the direct deposit bank account.
If you face any issues while changing the direct deposit bank account and you need help from an expert, then contact us at (844)-932-1139.
How to change the bank account for direct deposit
To change the bank account for direct deposit, follow the steps as provided below:
- Go to the ‘Lists’ tab and then select ‘Chart of Accounts’.
- Click on the ‘Accounts’ button and then press ‘Next’.
- Select the type of your financial institution.
- Fill in all the details of your account and then press the ‘Save & Close’ button.
Your bank account has been added to QuickBooks. Now you need to update and verify it in Payroll to complete the process.
Note: While you are here reading this article, we would like to bring your attention towards the simple steps to connect bank account to QuickBooks.
Updating Direct deposit bank account in Payroll
After adding the bank account, follow the steps to update direct deposit bank account in Payroll:
- Go to the ‘Employee’ tab and then click on the ‘My Payroll Service’ option.
- Click on the ‘Accounts/Billing information’.
- Log in to your account and click on ‘Payroll info’ section.
- Press the ‘Edit’ button in the ‘Direct deposit bank account’ section.
- Enter the PIN and then press the ‘Close’ button after pressing ‘Update’.
Verifying the new bank account in Payroll
After updating the account in Payroll, you will need to visit the ‘Account/Billing information’ again and then follow the steps as provided below to verify the account:
- Click on the ‘Payroll Info’ button.
- Click on the ‘Verify’ button in the ‘Direct Deposit Bank Account’ section.
- Enter your Payroll PIN and then click on the ‘Submit’ button to finish the task.
This will change the bank account for direct deposit, and now you can pay the salaries of your employee through the new account. You can also edit the account details of your employees for direct deposit if the need be.
Through this article, we discussed the detailed method to change direct deposit bank account in QuickBooks. You should be able to perform the steps easily using the methods stated above. If you come across any issues while changing the bank account, then contact us at (844)-932-1139.