Microsoft Office provides various tools that help businesses to perform their crucial tasks such as Word, Excel, etc. A similar MS Office program is QuickBooks Outlook that serves as an email manager. You can easily integrate it with other applications such as QuickBooks to get the in-app email functionality. You may come across the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding issue when you try to send emails through QuickBooks. The error can occur due to various issues that have been discussed in the blog. We have also discussed the methods that can be applied to fix the error easily.
If you get the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error while sending an email through QuickBooks and you fail to fix it yourself, call us at our 844-932-1139 and talk to one of our certified and experienced QuickBooks experts.
Why does the QuickBooks Outlook not working issue appears?
There are various reasons that can cause the QuickBooks Outlook not working issues. These have been discussed below for you:
- Inconsistent email settings of QuickBooks can cause the error.
- If the QuickBooks application failed to install properly, the error might occur.
- Settings inconsistencies related to email in the Internet Explorer can also cause the error.
- QuickBooks not being run with an admin account can cause the error at times.
- If the MAP132.dll file gets damaged or corrupt, you can get the error.
- The Outlook application running in the background when you try to use it in-app can also cause the issue.
How to fix the Outlook not responding error in QuickBooks
You can fix the Outlook not responding error in QuickBooks easily through different methods. You can choose the method based on the reason that has caused it. If you are not sure, follow the methods provided below:
Method 1: Set QuickBooks preference to run as admin
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your Desktop.
- Select the ‘Properties’ option and reach the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Ensure that the ‘Run this program as administrator’ box is marked.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button and press ‘Ok.’
Method 2: Verify Email Preferences in the Web Browser
- Close your QuickBooks application and open the Internet Explorer window.
- Click on the ‘Gear’ icon and select ‘Internet options.’
- Go to the ‘Programs’ tab and choose ‘Outlook’ for the default email program.
- Press the ‘Apply’ button and hit ‘Ok.’
- Shut down the browser window and try to send an email to check if the error is resolved.
Through this blog, we discussed the troubleshooting for QuickBooks Outlook is not responding issue and the reasons behind it. You should follow the above-stated methods diligently to resolve the error. If you continue to struggle and you need an expert’s assistance for resolution, contact us at our 844-932-1139.