QuickBooks is usually considered as a perfect choice for most of the small and mid-sized organisations for not only maintaining their accounts meticulously but also for managing bills, payroll reports etc. thus, helps in smooth working of an organization. However, there are times when users unexpectedly encounter certain technical errors which, in turn cause a lot of jitter and shall impact the productivity of the company and the user. Such an error which might show up while accessing a company file is QuickBooks error 6000 77.
With the help of this article we will try to familiarize our user with various causes and several solutions which will help in fixation of the error.
When does QuickBooks error 6000 77 occur?
Error code 6000 77 tends to take place when the user tries to open any QuickBooks company file. While the error is usually indicated with an error message flashing on screen as “we are sorry, QuickBooks encountered error code 6000 77”.
What are the potential causes for the error to occur?
Here are some of the potential causes for the occurrence of the error:
- Due to improper folder permissions
- Due to company file being located on external storage device instead of the local drive
- Due to company file being opened by a mapped drive
- Due to communication issues when QuickBooks is being operated in multi-user mode.
What are the most efficient methods to fix the error?
Take a look on some of the swiftest methods for getting rid of the error:
Pro tip: before opting any of the methods mentioned below, try restarting your PC which may help combating the error.
First step: install and run QuickBooks file doctor:
- Download QB file doctor
- Open the downloaded file named as QBFD.exe
- Click on install
- Click on next and allow InstallSheild Wizard
- Follow the instructions on screen
- The tool will diagnose and fix the problem
Second step: rename .ND and .TGL files
- Open QuickBooks company file location
- Look for the files having .ND and .TGL extensions
- Make a right click
- Select rename
- Type “OLD” at the end of each file.
- Click on yes to confirm the changes made
Third step: configuration of firewall and antivirus software:
- Press windows + R
- Type control and open control panel
- Click ok
- Navigate system and security
- Then, windows defender firewall
- Click on advanced settings
- Click on inbound rules
- Click on new rule
- Select port and click on next
- Ensure TCP is selected
Fourth step: recreate the damaged folders:
- Create new folder in C drive
- Go to my computer
- Type .QBW in search box
- Open file location
- Copy file
- Go to new folder
- Paste the files there
- Now, open QuickBooks desktop and restore the company file from a new location.
By following the steps as and how they are mentioned above, you will be able to fix QuickBooks error 6000 77. In case you have queries and concerns, or you are having trouble in getting rid of the error, you are advised to give us a ring and get in touch with us via (855)-856-0042.