502 error is a DNS issue that causes difficulties for an app to connect with the internet. Such DNS errors not only affects QuickBooks but also all other apps that requires an internet connection to function. If you have come across QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error, then this indicates either QuickBooks or the financial institution’s server has received an invalid response. This is a common error but when it arises, it affects a vast majority of QuickBooks users and often the QuickBooks forms gets flooded with queries related to error 502 in QuickBooks. If you are also one of the QuickBooks user who has encountered QuickBooks error 502 while accessing online banking in the application, then follow the instructions listed in this article for quick resolution.
In case, if you are unable to implement the solutions listed in this article and need help from an expert, then dial (844)-932-1139 now
Complete Solutions to Fix 502 Bad Gateway Error in QuickBooks
One important consideration before troubleshooting the error is to ensure that you are properly connected to the internet and can access it outside QuickBooks using the web browser.
Solution 1: Clear Browser Data and Temporary Internet Files
- Open Google Chrome and click the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click More Tools and select Clear Browsing Data.
- Checkmark the checkbox next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Select Beginning from the drop-down list at the top and then click Delete.
- Once after deleting the browser data try using QuickBooks once again and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Clear QuickBooks Application Data
- Run QuickBooks Online Desktop application and click the Help tab at the top.
- Select Clear Cache and exit the application.
- Open the QBO application once again and check if the error 502 is resolved.
Solution 3: Enable Active Scripting in the Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Select Internet Options and then go to the Security tab.
- Now hit the Internet icon and click Custom Level option.
- From under the Active Scripting section choose Enable.
- Hit OK twice to save the settings.
The above mentioned are some of the quick ways to resolve QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error. If none of the solutions has helped you resolve the error, then as a final troubleshooting solution try adding QuickBooks and related sites as trusted sites in internet explorer. If you need help troubleshooting the error, then you can dial (844)-932-1139 and get in touch with the experts for better help and troubleshooting assistance.