While installation or updating any version of QuickBooks application on your Windows PC, you might face the QuickBooks Error 1723, and it points to the corruption in Windows Registry or Windows file system. This error message can also arise due to damage in the .NET framework installation on your Windows and can be resolved by reinstalling it. To counter the problem, try performing a clean installation of QuickBooks under the Selective Startup mode using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. You can also implement other troubleshooting methods listed in this article to effectively tackle error code 1723 in QuickBooks Desktop application.
If you feel the need of external help from an expert to guide you out of the issue, call us on (844)-932-1139 and get immediate assistance on the line
Quick Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Installation Error 1723
As of now as you already know about the reasons that can trigger error code 1723 in QuickBooks Desktop application, no let’s discuss about the solutions that can be implemented to resolve the error in a short time.
Solution 1: Rename QuickBooks Company File Extension
- Navigate to the Windows Explorer and locate the QuickBooks folder in the C: Drive.
- Check your company file’s extension and change it to .qbw if it’s not something else.
- Exit the window and try to run QuickBooks Desktop once again.
Solution 2: Install and Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Visit the Intuit’s official website and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Run the downloaded installer file and install QuickBooks tool hub on your Windows PC.
- Look for the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool under the Installation Issues tab at the left and run it.
- Close any running program, and after the tool completes repair, restart your PC.
Solution 3: Turn off User Account Control under Windows Settings
- Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu and search for UAC.
- Select Change User Account Control settings and turn off the UAC by sliding it to Never notify.
- Click OK and provide confirmation if asked.
- Restart the Windows after making the required changes.
- Try to install QuickBooks once again to check if the error is now resolved.
If you are still facing QuickBooks error 1723 while installing the QuickBooks Desktop application, chances are that there is damage in Windows Installer Package. In order to fix it, try to change the permissions of the Windows temp folder and reinstall the QB Desktop application. If none of the solutions mentioned in this article helped you out resolving the error, then the best you can do is to get in touch with certified QuickBooks Desktop experts who are available 24/7 at QuickBooks technical troubleshooting helpline number (844)-932-1139.